Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Im Humbled

I am grateful that with some regularity I receive an email, note or text from former students and past and current clients thanking me for an influence I had in their life.  Teaching and the practice of law have been my niche in life.

This week I received a touching note from a client that reads in part, "Mark Thank you so very much!  After spending much time and energy on incompetent lawyers, you were  a God-send.  We were so impressed with your services.  What a blessing to know there really are honest, sincere, knowledgeable and capable attorneys!!!!"  The note of gratitude was particularly rewarding because I was referred by an attorney whom I have great respect for.

A week ago a student called and left a message that he just needed some inspiring words.  I've had students tell me they were ready to give up on school and that they changed their major because of my influence.

There is something to the saying if you love what you do it will shine through.