Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jury Finds Client Not Guilty Over Eye Witness Peace Officer Testimony

After a three-day trial, a jury found my client not guilty of domestic violence battery.  Four undercover officers followed a vehicle in which my client was a passenger.  They claimed that they could see my client punching the driver, my client’s spouse.


The officers stopped my client.  Despite the alleged victim’s denial of any attack or injury, an arrest took place.  The case proceeded to trial.  At trial, it was discovered the peace officers left out glaring details, most significantly that they attempted to arrest the victim, too, and they recorded the contact but failed to timely disclose it.  One officer gave extremely evasive testimony and each officer’s testimony was almost identical.   The jury deliberated about three hours and returned a Not Guilty verdict.